Shop
Siobhan Siobhane-mail mevisit my deviantART gallery
draws animals and other funny little characters in lots of bright colours. She collects Sylvanian Families, My Little Ponies and anything else with a cute happy face. Her favourite colours are lime green and bubblegum pink.
David
Davide-mail mevisit my deviantART gallery
draws weathered looking men with cigarettes and motorbikes. He likes cowboys and detectives and thinks Blade Runner is the best film ever. His favourite colours are grey and orange.

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Animal Western


These are characters from a children's story (it's becoming more of a bunch of small stories) that I'm writing. I never really wanted to do this stuff before because I feel like kid's stories is the kind of cop out route that everyone wants to take whether they have ideas/talent or not because they think it's easy money... but now that I actually have ideas and stories that I'd like to tell, it feels less phony. And it's a lot of fun to work on, I do like my characters. :3
These two, Kimi and Koko Tatanka, are my current favourites. They are two twin girl bison (that sentence sounds weird). Kimi is a magical mystical quiet girl and Koko is a great warrior with horns made from tree branches because she hasn't grown her own. Also she has a cute hat. And a cute bird.

More of them up on DA if anyone cares.

On a related (to westerns) note, we went to see True Grit today and I actually liked it. How about that.